Wednesday

Chef Neiman creations: Stuffed Green Peppers!


Somebody said something about stuffed peppers a couple days ago and my salivary glands went insane!!!!! So...I decided that I had to attempt to make them myself in my efforts to prepare myself to be a great wife and mother. I got the recipe off of the internet, but DEFINITELY had to add my own personality into it. 
Here's what I did:
  • Wash and hull peppers. Cut the tops off and scrape  the seeds and lining from the insides. Prepare a side of rice (since rice takes forever to make). I made a mixture of Jazmin and brown rices.
  • Combined 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey in the skillet and season it. 
  • When that was halfway browned I added onions and fresh tomatoes. 
  • When that was like five minutes away from being done I added the rice, cheese (Mexican blend because it's my favorite), and spaghetti sauce, seasoned the whole mixture and let it simmer for about ten minutes.
  • I boiled the 6 peppers in salt water. After five minutes I removed them from the pot and sprinkled the insides lightly with salt. This dulls the fresh pepper-y taste.
  • After I'd spread them out on my baking pan I filled them with the turkey  mixture. 
  • I added a little bit of spaghetti sauce, basil, and shredded cheddar cheese on top mainly for aesthetic pleasure.
  • Baked for 25 minutes.

before the oven
finished product
As you can see I'll probably won't ever write a cookbook, but man I must brag on how great my cooking skills are!!!!...seriously.... 

No comments: