Somebody said something about stuffed peppers a couple days ago and my salivary glands went insane!!!!! So...I decided that I had to attempt to make them myself
in my efforts to prepare myself to be a great wife and mother. I got the recipe off of the internet, but DEFINITELY had to add my own personality into it.
Here's what I did:
- Wash and hull peppers. Cut the tops off and scrape the seeds and lining from the insides. Prepare a side of rice (since rice takes forever to make). I made a mixture of Jazmin and brown rices.
- Combined 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey in the skillet and season it.
- When that was halfway browned I added onions and fresh tomatoes.
- When that was like five minutes away from being done I added the rice, cheese (Mexican blend because it's my favorite), and spaghetti sauce, seasoned the whole mixture and let it simmer for about ten minutes.
- I boiled the 6 peppers in salt water. After five minutes I removed them from the pot and sprinkled the insides lightly with salt. This dulls the fresh pepper-y taste.
- After I'd spread them out on my baking pan I filled them with the turkey mixture.
- I added a little bit of spaghetti sauce, basil, and shredded cheddar cheese on top mainly for aesthetic pleasure.
- Baked for 25 minutes.